Sunday, March 17, 2013

And so it begins

Well, I have been meaning to start a blog for a wail now but my writing skills are barely better then a 5th graders. Not to mention I have had nothing of interest to wright about. That's all changed however. Not the issue of my horrible spelling and grammar, that's some thing that all of you get to endure a little bit longer. But I do have an actual topic to wright about now. That topic is my one year long trip to mexico. A few days ago I found out that MCM has accepted my application for an internship position with them. MCM is a orgonization that works out of Tijuana, mexico building homes and outhouses for thous who need them. My role, once I am down there, will be to lead builds. I am supper exited for this opportunity and totally cant wait to get down there and start helping out. But there's a few steps before that can happen the biggest one being fundraising  as an intern i'm not getting paid to be there. I actually have to pay them. This money will cover my food and shelter and what not. I will have to provide my self with my personal stuff like clothes toiletries and so forth this adds up to be 400 bucks a month. Then add some buss tickets and i'm looking at a total of $5600 for the full year. however if I make more I can stay longer and if I make less... well my trip will have to end sooner then hoped. At the moment i'm working on a official support letter to send out to all of you wonderful friends and family members (Especially if your reading this far in to a horribly typed blog that only i have edited). Ill keep you all posted and until I get that letter sent out/posted on here with more details wish me luck and have fun with your own respective activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment