Tuesday, May 7, 2013

first post from mexico

Hey guys, i finly got some free time so i thot id take adventig of it and post up on here realy quick. It took a little doing tho becues the web site was in Spanish. But with some quick Goggling i got the kinks worked out and with out further delay i will attempt to tell you all about what iv ben up to this week in my own speshel and broken English way.

ok my week began with 30 hours of a buss, well actually 3 buses. the ride its self was uneventful. it was a lot of reading staring out the window and a sore butt. the trip got interesting when i hit the Mexican border i had to transfer on to this rickety Mexican buss that drove around and picked up a bunch more Hispanic people. i was the only wight dude and no one spoke much English and i knew only a hand full of Spanish words. the buss finally heads for the border and i stat to get excited. when we get ther every one is specking in Spanish and they all get off so i fallow there lead and get of and unloaded my pack for the back. next they walk in to a building with one of thos x-ray conveyer belt things. i put my gear on and walk to the other side and pick it all up. next they lead me to a guy standing by a little table. on the table was a little metal box with a red butten. above that wer two pains of glass one with a man walking on it and one with a hand making the stop sign like for crosswalks. the man tells me some thing in Spanish and points at the butten. i assume he want me to push it so i do and the pain of glass with the walking man lights up green and the man let me thro. next thing i know i'm getting shuffled back on to my buss and whisked across the border and in to Mexico. they never asked for my id or passport. they just x-rayed my pack and had my push the all knowing butten that demed me worthy to enter Mexico. the bus then doped me off at the Tijuana air port. i sat down and waited for mcm to come pick me up. later i found out that mcm would of picked me up at San deago but oh well it fun to cross on my own. the rest of the week was less exciting other then the fact that im now living in Mexico
the above image is where im staying and below is my hammock set up in the bottom bunk of a bunk bed

all the other staff here are fantastic and im geting to know them all well. im slowly adding to my spanish vocabulary as well as perfecting "no hablo espanol." iv already jumped in and started my service this week iv done some painting, fed and played with orphans (pics to come) and this weekend we helped out at a camp for little boys wich was fun. i got to be in a dunk tank and every thing. i think a nother inter got some pics of it but i dont have accses to thos yet. when i do tho ill get them up on here asap. as far as culcher gos im geting used to it but one werd thin is that the have cars that drive up and doun the streets blaring comershels like icecream trucks and at the time of wrighting this one is going up and douwn our srtet playing a hispanic translation of gang nam styel remix for some political campain... so as you can see its prity awsome down here

i miss you all much and im going to try it get beter about taking pic to post for yall but this is all for now

until next time ashton

3 comments:

  1. I'd offer to translate this for you into English, but it'a actually fun to decipher. Glad you are all nested in. I pray you will encounter God in a new & vibrant way down there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now know how to get to Mexico without an ID and passport.

    Your trip has already helped me.

    B$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apparently its the getting out of mexico thats the hard part. who wouled of thoght.

      Delete